What is a preliminary?
The strongest team from every country will compete in PLANCKS. A preliminary competition is the most fun way to find the best team of your country.
A preliminary is a local competition which is similar to PLANCKS. Here, you and your theorist friends can compete against other strong teams of your country for a ticket to PLANCKS in Munich. However, preliminaries are never only there for the fighting spirit: Preliminaries also provide a wonderful and fun way to connect with other physics lovers of your country.
So there is no reason to wait: Find your preliminary in the map above or in the list below, compete and see whether your team gets to represent your country in PLANCKS 2022. We are waiting for you!
If you are interested in organising your country's preliminary - especially if it is your country's first PLANCKS preliminary - next year, you can get some useful information here.
How do I participate if my country does not have a perliminary?
The three ways to participate in PLANCKS 2022 are:
- Winning the PRELIMINARY of your country.
- Register as the only team from a country without a PRELIMINARY.
- Win the random choice if multiple teams of the same country want to participate without a PRELIMINARY.
List of registered preliminariesIf this table does not help you figure out how to reach out to the preliminary of your country, you can contact us for more information on that preliminary.
- Organisation: Basisgruppe NAWI Physik Graz
- Date: -
- Organisation: Physics and Meteorology Students Association
- Date: March 2022
- Organisation: NC Czech Republic
- Date: -
- Organisation: FSID
- Date: -
- Organisation: USFQ Optica Student Chapter
- Date: February 18th 2022
- Organisation: Resonanssi ry
- Date: November 13th 2021
- Organisation: SFP- French Physics Society
- Date: February 5th 2022
- Internet: https://indico.in2p3.fr/event/23539/ (external Link)
- Organisation: Georgian Association of Physics Students
- Date: February 26-27, 2022
- Internet: https://gaps.org.ge/plancks/ (external Link)
- Organisation: jDPG (Young German Physical Society)
- Date: March 25-27, 2022
- Internet: http://dopplers.jdpg.de/
- Organisation: PATh - Physicists of Aristotle university of Thessaloniki ( in collab with LC Lamia)
- Date: March 26-27, 2022
- Internet: https://path.web.auth.gr/plancks2022/ (external Link)
- Organisation: Association of Indian Physics Students
- Date: March 26-27 2022
- Organisation: Sociedad Científica Juvenil (NC-Mexico)
- Date: March 5th 2022
- Organisation: Moroccan Association of Physics
- Date: February/March 2022
- Organisation: Study Association Ångström
- Date: -
- Organisation: Physis - Portuguese Association of Physics Students / Organizing Committee of the National Meeting of Physics Students (COENEF)
- Date: February 26th 2022
- Internet: https://enef.physis.com.pt/competicoes/ (external Link)
- Organisation: LC Bucharest
- Date: Febuary 27th 2022
- Internet: http://fizicieni.ro/plancks.php (external Link)
- Organisation: Nanyang Technological University Singapore
- Date: February 19-20, 2022
- Internet: https://odysseyprogramme.github.io/ (external Link)
- Organisation: Grupo de Estudiantes de la Real Sociedad Española de Física
- Date: March 4th 2022
- Organisation: Insitute of Physics - UK and Ireland 2022 PLANCKS Preliminaries Committee
- Date: February 18-20 2022
- Internet: https://www.plancks.uk/ (external Link)