How can I apply for exemption from membership fee?
New members submit a scan or photo of their bachelor's degree certificate when applying for membership. The data will be checked at the DPG Head Office and within a few days your membership card will be sent to you along with a confirmation.
Physics students who are already DPG members and have now passed their bachelor's examination will have an annual fee credited to their membership account as recognition of their performance. To do this, you upload a scan or photo of your bachelor's certificate via "My DPG". The data will be checked at the DPG Head Office and within a few days you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Requirements and small print
- When becoming a DPG member or at the time of changing membership data, the physics bachelor's certificate may not be older than six months. The date noted on the certificate is crucial.
- When you become a DPG member or change your membership data, an amount equal to the annual membership fee will be credited to your member account. This means for new members:
- If you become a DPG member in the first half of a year, no membership fee is payable for the current year - the membership fee is only due at the beginning of the following year.
- If you become a DPG member between 1 July and 31 October of a year, the current year is feeless and for the following year only half of the annual membership fee is due at the beginning of the year.
- If you become a DPG member in November or December of a year, no membership fee is payable for the rest of that year and for the entire following year. A membership fee is only due at the beginning of the following year.
- Membership can be terminated with at least one month's notice to the end of the calendar year. If the membership is not cancelled, it automatically changes into a regular DPG membership. In case of joining between July 1st and October 31st of a year, the membership can also be terminated with one month's notice as of June 30th of the following year; thus the obligation to pay half of the membership fee for the following year does not apply.
- The offer of temporary free membership for Bachelor graduates is valid until further notice, but can be withdrawn by the DPG at any time.