Full paying members
- Contribution group A: Members with a gross annual income up to 27.000 € pay 26,50 €/year
- Contribution group B: Members with a gross annual income of up to 41,000 € pay 68.00 €/year or 51.00 €/year for a double membership.
- Contribution group C: Members with a gross annual income of more than 41,000 € pay 102.00 €/year or 76.50/year for a double membership
Students, pupils, trainees
- Contribution group E: Regular students without a Master's or Diploma degree (or comparable degree) as well as pupils and trainees pay 13.00 €/year
Note: Contribution group E does not apply to doctoral students.
Career starters in the first 3 professional years
- Contribution group 3: Members in the first three professional years pay 37.00 €/year.
Note: Contribution group 3 can only be used for a total of three years.
Membership for Partners
- Contribution group P: The partner of a DPG member in contribution group B, C or S can choose the reduced membership for partners P (37.00 €/year). The two DPG members then receive a joint copy of the membership journal. The agreement of the partner must be obtained for this.
- Contribution group S: Supporting members determine their own annual membership fee and pay at least 136.00 €/year.
Note: Please send the desired membership fee by e-mail to .
Corporate Memberships (Companies/Institutes)
- Contribution group F: Pay research institutes, institutes, libraries, schools and other public non-profit institutions
Note: DPG publications can be delivered to more than one address. Each additional delivery address is charged at 55.00 € per year (optional).
- Contribution group G: Companies and their research laboratories
with sales under 25 million € pay 329,00 €/year
with sales over 25 million € pay 827,00 €/year
If you live in a non-European country, the Physics Journal can be sent by airmail. An additional fee of 32.00 €/year will be charged for airmail dispatch. From 1 July of each year, only half of the annual additional fee for the current year will be charged.