- So, 05.09.2021 18:30 – Fr, 10.09.2021 14:00
- Walter Neu (Institute for Laser and Optics, Emden/Leer)
- Physikzentrum Bad Honnef
Hauptstr. 5, 53604 Bad Honnef, Germany
Prof. Dr. Walter Neu (University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer, Institute for Laser and Optics, Germany)
September 5 - 10, 2021, Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany
Program:The School covers advancing photonics research topics and driving applications of a key enabling technology that is seen as one of the most important building blocks in future technological innovation. Photonic systems are ubiquitous in modern life, like e.g. in metrology, biomedical applications, space and earth exploration, production technologies, information processing and imaging. A hands-on workshop in optical design software, comprehensive overviews of state-of-the-art scientific and industrial applications as active participation phases provide an ideal forum for advanced Bachelor, Master, and PhD students to deepen their knowledge and foster interdisciplinary aspects. The participants are expected to have at least a basic knowledge of one of the addressed fields in photonics and are ideally active in a related research field. Poster sessions throughout the school offer opportunities for presenting and discussing the young scientist’s research.
Organisation: Each day of the School is dedicated to a main topic addressed by leading researchers, engineers, and practitioners, re-nowned companies as well as large scale research facilities. The speakers do provide in-sights into the industry and research landscape, career paths, and forthcoming technologies.
Application: Each participant has to provide a poster contribution. Please register online (it will be activated soon) and at the same time send your CV, a letter of motivation (max 1 page) and a poster abstract until 20.05.2021 to gomer @ pbh.de. Applications will be reviewed continuously. Given the limited capacity of the venue, we encourage the prospective students to apply early on.
Successful applicants will be informed by the organizer at the latest by 30.05.2021.
- Thomas Reiter (ESA, Astronaut)
- Ludwin Monz (Carl Zeiss AG, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Jena)
- Fritz Merkle (OHB System, Bremen)
- Hermann Deymann (Joh. MEYER shipyard, Papenburg)
- Heiner Voges (LaVision GmbH, Göttingen)
- Robert Fleischhaker (University of Applied Sciences Aachen)
- Alexander Heisterkamp (Leibniz University Hannover)
- Andreas Hielscher (Columbia University, New York)
- Andrea Koch (HAWK hhg, Göttingen)
- Magda Kowalska (CERN/ISOLDE, Geneva)
- Claus Lämmerzahl (ZARM, University Bremen)
- Jens Lassen (TRIUMF and Simon Frasier University, Vancouver)
- Christoph Lienau (Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg)
- Lothar Lilge (University of Toronto, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre)
- Walter Neu (ILO, University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer)
- Halina Rubinsztein-Dunlop (University of Queensland, Brisbane)
- Daniel Schondelmaier (University of Applied Sciences Zwickau)
- Ronald Sroka (Ludwig Maximilians University Munich)
- Klaus Wendt (Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz)
- Oliver Zielinski (ICBM, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg)
* subject to the development of the corona situation and possible program changes
More information coming soon ..
FEES: 200 € full board and lodging (for DPG* members 100 € )
* The German Physical Society (DPG)