Foundation of the DPG devision "Kurzzeitphysik" (Short Time-scale Physics)
Foundation of the section "Kurzzeitphysik" in 1953.
Renaming of the section in 2017 in "Kurzzeit- und angewandte Laserphysik"
The devision "Kurzzeitphysik" decided in November 2017 to change its name to "Kurzzeit- und angewandte Laserphysik" (Short Time-scale Physics and Applied Laser Physics) due to the fact, that the section is dealing since many years with all kind of lasers and there application in metrology as well as alteration of materials and surfaces due to illumination with lasers beams. The interaction of lasers with materials not only in experiments but also in theory gets a more and more in the thematic focus of the section. This development in the range of topics of the section is now to be made externally recognizable by this name change. The previous subject areas will remain unchanged within the devision.
Former devision leaders
- 1953 – 1966 Hubert Schardin, ISL
- 1966 – 1968 Karl Vollrath, ISL
- 1968 – 1970 Rudolf Schall, ISL
- 1970 – 1976 Karl Vollrath, ISL
- 1976 – 1988 Manfred Hugenschmidt, ISL
- 1988 – 1996 Hans Mach, ISL
- 1996 – 2003 Wolfgang Seelig, TU Darmstadt