- Su, 06.08.2023 12:30 – Sa, 12.08.2023 14:00
- Axel Pelster (RPTU Kaiserslautern-Landau) and Carlos A. R. Sá de Melo (GeorgiaTech, Atlanta, USA)
- Physikzentrum Bad Honnef
Hauptstr. 5, Hauptstr. 5, 53604 Bad Honnef, Germany
Priv.-Doz. Dr. Axel Pelster (Rheinland-Pfälzische Technische Universität Kaiserslautern-Landau, Germany) and
Prof. Dr. Carlos A. R. Sá de Melo (Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA)
August 6 - 12, 2023, Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany
Since the first Bose-Einstein condensate of ultracold atomic gases was realized experimentally in 1995, the emerging research field of ultracold quantum gases has been extremely active and has expanded in many different directions. In particular, new areas of research are forming at the borderlines between atomic and molecular physics, quantum optics, and condensed matter physics.
The main goal of the school is to provide a solid introduction to the field of ultracold quantum
gases, which will be delivered by internationally recognized experts of the field.
Speakers and topics:
- Lauriane Chomaz (Heidelberg, Germany): Quantum gases of magnetic atoms (Abstract)
- André Eckardt (Berlin, Germany): Floquet engineering (Abstract)
- Tilman Esslinger (Zurich, Switzerland): Topological pumping (Abstract)
- Michael Fleischhauer (Kaiserslautern-Landau, Germany): Rydberg-atom physics and technology (Abstract)
- Nathan Lundblad (Lewiston, USA): Ultracold atomic physics in microgravity (Abstract)
- Tilman Pfau (Stuttgart, Germany): Ultralong-range Rydberg molecules (Abstract)
- Philipp Preiss (Garching, Germany): Pairing and Superfluidity in Ultracold Fermi Gases (Abstract)
- Helmut Ritsch (Innsbruck, Austria): Quantum gas cavity QED (Abstract)
- Jacques Tempere (Antwerpen, Belgium): Properties of Fermi superfluids in the BEC-BCS crossover (Abstract)
- Päivi Törmä (Aalto, Finland): Bose-Einstein condensation and topological photonics with plasmonic lattices (Abstract)
##### Registration closed #####
Attention: There are some fake companies, which pretend to organize your stay in Bad Honnef. Please, be careful and do not reply to them. Your accommodation and full board will be provided exclusively by the Physikzentrum.