- So, 27.07.2008 17:00 – Mi, 30.07.2008 14:00
- H. Feldmeier, GSI Darmstadt
- Physikzentrum Bad Honnef
Hauptstr. 5, 53604 Bad Honnef, Germany
- Wilhelm and Else Heraeus-Foundation
July 28 - 30, 2008
Physik Zentrum Bad Honnef, Germany
Sponsored by Wilhelm und Else Heraeus Stiftung
The goal of this workshop is to bring together the experts in the field of ab-initio descriptions to critically discuss on what has been achieved so far and what are the burning questions to be answered.
* Chiral potentials and form factors
* Short range/high momentum properties
* Phase shift equivalent low momentum potentials
* Consistency between two- and three-body potentials
* Constraints from many-body bound and scattering states
* Correlations in the many-body state versus
effective interactions and effective observables
* Many-body Hilbert spaces for exotic nuclei
* Reactions, nucleon-nucleus, nucleus-nucleus
Needless to say that nuclear structure implies besides binding energies and spectra many other observables like electromagnetic transitions, weak decay, form factors, scattering cross sections, etc..
Each contributor is asked to emphasize not only the strengths of the presented model but also to assess critically the weak points. It should also be discussed in how far the above mentioned observables can be predicted. Another goal is to find out to what extend different approaches complement one another.