- Do, 19.04.2007 00:00 – So, 22.04.2007 00:00
- Corinna Kausch, GSI Darmstadt; Barbara Sandow, FU Berlin
- Physikzentrum Bad Honnef
Hauptstr. 5, 53604 Bad Honnef, Germany
Supporting Women in Physics in Developing Countries
We have received funding to launch a fifth round of the IUPAP program to fund the attendance of women from developing and eastern European countries at regional conferences and schools this fall. We expect to be able to fund 20 women up to a maximum of $700 each.
Applications for these grants should be received no later than March 31, 2007. Recipients will be chosen by the IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics by April 25, and we will notify everyone in May, 4 2007.
Only women physicists from Eastern Europe or developing countries may apply. Due to limited funding those who have received a grant in the past, under this program, are not eligible for a second grant.
Those interested in applying for a grant should submit the following information via e-mail to Jackie Beamon-Kiene at or by mail to Jackie Beamon-Kiene, IUPAP, One Physics Ellipse, College Park, MD 20740. Information should be sent as a WORD document or as text within an e-mail. Please do not send as a pdf file.
2007 IUPAP Travel Grant Application
1.Complete contact information including name, address, email and phone.
2.Years since your Ph.D (or undergraduate degree for graduate students) was granted.
3. Brief description of the conference or workshop you wish to attend (including date of conf., place to be held, & website if available).
4. Brief statement of how attending the conference will enhance your career.
5. A breakdown of the amount of money (up to $700 US) required to attend (Ex: Airfare, registration fee, meals) the conference.
6. One Letter of recommendation.