WE Heraeus Communication Programme
Besides DPG Spring Meetings with several thousand participants, Working Groups of the DPG regularly organize smaller workshops and seminars with a range of 20 to 100 participants. The bigger part of these events is aimed at students and PhD students, another part is even exclusively ment for this target group.
Within this programme the (active) participation at DPG Workshops, which take place in Germany, is financially supported.
DPG Workshops are, for example,
- Spring and autumn meetings of the Working Group on Energy (AKE)
- Conferences of the Working Group “Young DPG” (AGjDPG)
- Workshops of the Working Group on Equal Opportunities (AKC)
Criteria for applicants
- you are a young conference participant,
- your centre of living or work is located in Germany,
- you do not get travelling expenses refunded (either totally or partly) by your academic institution,
- you are author or co-author of a conference contribution (talk or a poster) which was submitted and has been accepted by the administration of the conference, if applicable (Funding is possible only for one participant per contribution.),
- you are a personal member of DPG in fee categories E, A or 3 (f.c. 3: only Diploma, Master and PhD students) and
- your DPG membership account is balanced …
… then you can apply for a grant by taking five steps:
- Contact the conference organisation of the DPG Workshop. They have to submit a written application for support of the conference to the DPG Head Office until 3 months before the conference starts, at the latest.
- In case of a commitment by DPG to support the conference, you can apply for a grant.
- „abstract submission“ at the DPG Workshop, if applicable
- „Participants registration“ at the DPG Workshop
- Fill in the WEH online form below (you will need to have your membership number at hand) and submit it, together with a copy of your abstract submission’s confirmation, by email or mail – until 6 weeks before the conference starts, at the latest.
Applications coming in after this date cannot be taken into consideration.
Your application will be formally checked by the DPG Head Office and you will receive a confirmation note (application acceptance / rejection) within a few working days by email.
At the DPG Workshops you need to request a confirmation of attendance and a payment receipt of the conference fee.
Please send – no later than 6 weeks after the end of the conference – all the documents that you would like to charge (e.g. certificate of attendance, receipt for the conference fee, train or flight ticket, hotel bill) in original by mail to the DPG Head Office.
The following lump sums count for the conference:
- Conference fee (early bird fee only)
- Costs per overnight stay: 20,00 € – according to your attendance
- Daily allowance: 24,00 € – according to your attendance
- Travel expenses: 0,18 € for each distance kilometre (round-trip) between conference location and university location (Only travelling costs within Germany can be refunded. For distances less than 70 km, the overnight fee does not apply, since it is assumed that you stayed at home. If the meeting takes place at your university, only the registration fee is subsidized because it is assumed that you ate and slept at home.)
Based on the above mentioned lump sums, the total eligible costs of your trip will be determined.
Your travel grant will amount max. 50 % of these costs.
The payment follows – after prior notification by email – about 7 weeks after the end of the conference by bank transfer to the bank account you mentioned in your application.
In case of additional reimbursement of expenses by another institution, the applicants already bind themselves in their application to inform the reimbursing institution about the amount of the reimbursement by the Wilhelm und Else Heraeus Communication Programme of the DPG.
Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft e.V.
53604 BAD HONNEF