Every year, the DPG organises its DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (DPG Spring Meetings) at various locations and universities in Germany. With more than 10.000 physicists annually from Germany and abroad, the DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (DPG Spring Meetings) rank among the largest physics congresses in Europe.
The course of the corona pandemic also affects the organisation of the DPG-Tagungen (DPG Meetings). In spring 2022, three thematically different virtual conferences will take place instead of face-to-face events.
Within this programme the active participation by young DPG members - from Germany and abroad - at the virtual DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (DPG Spring Meetings) is financially supported.
For the virtual DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (DPG Spring Meetings), the conference fee (and exclusively the "early bird rate") is subsidised at 100 %.
Criteria for applicants
- you are a personal member of DPG,
- you are a conference participant with an age up to 35 years*,
- you have not completed your doctorate,
- you do not get financial support from your university or academic institution for conference participation and
- you are author or co-author of a conference contribution (talk or a poster) which was submitted and has been accepted by the administration of the conference (Funding is possible only for one participant per contribution!) ...
*For funding in 2022, this means that DPG members born in 1986 or after are eligible to apply for financial support.
… then you can apply online for a grant by taking three steps:
- Abstract submission
- Participants registration
- Fill in the WEH online form (You will need to have your membership number at hand!)
⇒ at the latest until 10 February 2022, 23:59 (CET) for the "Erlangen22" conference
⇒ at the latest until 17 February 2022, 23:59 (CET) for the "Heidelberg22" conference
⇒ at the latest until 18 February 2022, 23:59 (CET) for the "Mainz22" conference
Applications coming in after this date cannot be taken into consideration.
All required online forms can be found on the respective conference websites at: www.dpg-tagungen.de. In addition, the WEH online application forms are available at the end of this page.
- Immediately after submitting your application, you will receive an automatically generated e-mail. Check the data you have submitted. If corrections are necessary, send them immediately to .
- After a formal check of the application at the DPG Head Office, you will receive a notice of arrival by email within a few working days.
- You will be informed by the DPG Head Office by email about acceptance or refusal of your application after the application deadline.
Please pay first the conference fee according to your booking confirmation.
After the DPG has received the payment of the conference fee, you will get your personal login details a few days before the start of the conference. Please use these to participate in the conference. This data can be used to track your participation in the conference, so that you do not need to submit accounting documents.
After the conference – before billing
- DPG membership account balance?
Your DPG membership account must be balanced by 20 April 2022 at the latest. Otherwise, the funding cannot be approved.
- Current bank details?
If your bank account has changed since the application, send the current data to .
After the conference, your participation in the conference will be checked on the basis of the login data and the funding will be finally confirmed or rejected if no participation took place.
Payment will be made - after prior notification by e-mail - by the end of April 2022 at the latest by bank transfer to the account you specified in your application.
Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft e.V.
53604 BAD HONNEF
WEH Online Forms for application for the DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (DPG Spring Meetings)