WE Heraeus Communication Programme
The Deutsche Physikerinnentagung is an annual and, by now, well established institution since 1997. It considers itself as a forum for women in physics. During Deutsche Physikerinnentagung, committed and interested female scientists of all research areas, careers, occupational fields, regions and qualifications are present. The meeting does not only focus on scientific discussion, but also on the exchange of experiences and presentations on professional perspectives of physicists. All women connected with physics – pupils, students, lecturers, researchers, teachers or physicists in industry – are invited, as well as all men who want to support the purposes of the meeting.
Within this programme the active participation at the Deutsche Physikerinnentagung (DPT) is financially supported.
Criteria for applicants
- you are a young conference participant,
- your centre of living or work is located in Germany,
- you do not get travelling expenses refunded (either totally or partly) by your academic institution,
- you are author or co-author of a conference contribution (talk or a poster) which was submitted and has been accepted by the administration of the conference (Funding is possible only for one participant per contribution.),
- you are a personal member of DPG in fee categories E, A or 3 (f.c. 3: only Diploma, Master and PhD students) and
- your DPG membership account is balanced …
… then you can apply for a grant by taking three steps:
- „Abstract submission“ at www.physikerinnentagung.de
- „Participants registration“ at www.physikerinnentagung.de
- Fill in the WEH application form below (you will need to have your membership number at hand) – until August 31, 2017, 24:00, at the latest.
Applications coming in after this date cannot be taken into consideration.
- Immediately after application, you will receive an automatically generated email. Check your data. If corrections are necessary, please send them immediately to email@example.com.
- After a formal check by the DPG Head Office, you will get a notice of arrival by email within a few working days.
- You will be informed by the DPG Head Office by email about acceptance or refusal of your application after the application deadline.
Conference participation (Please note opening times of the conference office!)
- Check-In: At the conference office you will receive the WEH receipt "confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme" with printed date of arrival together with your conference documents (Please retain it!).
- Check-Out: At the last day of your stay you need to let DPG confirm your departure date on the WEH receipt with a DPG stamp (in the conference office). Afterwards, please hand in your stamped receipt in the conference office.
(The departure date is important, not the time. Even after receipt of stamp, you can still give/listen to lectures.)
After the conference – before billing
- Forgot your check-out?
Send the WEH receipt „confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme“ and a receipt (in original), which indicates your departure date (e.g. hotel receipt, train ticket), by mail to the DPG Head Office until October 16, 2017.
Confirmations arriving late cannot be taken into consideration. The original documents will be returned after verification, if necessary.
- Current bank details?
The stamped WEH receipt "confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme" includes all billing data.
The following lump sums count for the conference:
- Conference fee (early bird fee only)
- Costs per overnight stay: 20,00 € – according to your attendance
- Daily allowance: 24,00 € – according to your attendance
- Travel expenses: 0,18 € for each distance kilometre (round-trip) between conference location and university location (Only travelling costs within Germany can be refunded. For distances less than 70 km, the overnight fee does not apply, since it is assumed that you stayed at home. If the meeting takes place at your university, only the registration fee is subsidized because it is assumed that you ate and slept at home.)
Based on the above mentioned lump sums, the total eligible costs of your trip will be determined.
Your travel grant will amount max. 50 % of these costs.
The payment follows – after prior notification by email – until mid-November by bank transfer to the bank account you mentioned in your application.
In case of additional reimbursement of expenses by another institution, the applicants already bind themselves in their application to inform the reimbursing institution about the amount of the reimbursement by the Wilhelm und Else Heraeus Communication Programme of the DPG.
- ⇒ To the WEH application form
Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft e.V.
53604 BAD HONNEF