WE Heraeus Communication Programme for the DPG Fall Meeting (DPG-Herbsttagung)
A new cross-disciplinary meeting format will premiere in autumn 2019: From 23 to 27 September 2019, the first DPG Fall Meeting will be devoted to the links between quantum sciences and information technologies.
Within this programme the active participation at the DPG Fall Meeting (DPG-Herbsttagung) is financially supported.
Criteria for applicants
- you are a young conference participant,
- your centre of living or work is located in Germany,
- you do not get travelling expenses refunded (either totally or partly) by your academic institution,
- you are author or co-author of a conference contribution (talk or a poster) which was submitted and has been accepted by the administration of the conference (Funding is possible only for one participant per contribution!) and
- you are a personal member of DPG in fee categories E, A or 3 (f.c. A and 3: only Master, Diploma and PhD students) and
- your DPG membership account is balanced ...
… then you can apply online for a grant by taking three steps:
- Abstract submission
- Participants registration
- Fill in the WEH online form (you will need to have your membership number at hand) – until 30 August 2019, 23:59 CET, at the latest.
Applications coming in after this date cannot be taken into consideration.
All required online forms can be found on the conference web pages at: www.freiburg19.dpg-tagungen.de
The WEH online form for application is also available at the end of this page.
- Immediately after application, you will receive an automatically generated email. Check your data. If corrections are necessary, please send them immediately to .
- After a formal check by the DPG Head Office, you will get a notice of arrival by email within a few working days.
- You will be informed by the DPG Head Office by email about acceptance or refusal of your application after the application deadline.
Conference participation (Please note the opening times of the conference office!)
- Check-In: At the conference office you will receive the WEH receipt "confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme" with printed date of arrival together you’re your conference documents. Please keep this safe!
- Check-Out: At the last day of your stay you need to let DPG confirm your departure date on the WEH receipt with a DPG stamp in the conference office. Afterwards, please hand in your stamped receipt in the conference office. The departure date is important, not the time. Even after receipt of stamp, you can still give and listen to lectures.
After the conference – before billing
Forgot your check-out?
Send the WEH receipt „confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme“ and a receipt, which indicates your departure date (e.g. hotel receipt, train ticket), by mail in original to the DPG Head Office until 11 October 2019 (DPG incoming post stamp). If you have already handed in the WEH receipt at the conference office on the day of your departure, no further receipts need to be sent.
Confirmations arriving late cannot be taken into consideration. The original documents will be returned after verification, if necessary.
Current bank details?
If your bank account has changed since the application, send the current data to [replace].
The stamped WEH receipt "confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme" includes all billing data.
The following lump sums count for the DPG Fall Meeting:
- Conference fee (early bird fee only)
- Costs per overnight stay: 20,00 Euro per overnight stay – according to your attendance. For distances less than 70 km, the overnight fee does not apply, since it is assumed that you stayed at home.
- Daily allowance: 24,00 Euro per day – according to your attendance
- Travel expenses: 0,18 EUR for each distance kilometre (round-trip) between conference location and university location. Only travelling costs within Germany can be refunded.
If the meeting takes place at your university, only the registration fee is subsidized because it is assumed that you ate and slept at home.
Based on the above mentioned lump sums, the total eligible costs of your trip will be determined. Your travel grant will amount max. 50% of these costs.
The payment follows – after prior notification by email – until end of November 2019 by bank transfer to the bank account you mentioned in your application.
In case of additional reimbursement of expenses by another institution, the applicants already bind themselves in their application to inform the reimbursing institution about the amount of the reimbursement by the Wilhelm und Else Heraeus Communication Programme of the DPG.
Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft e.V.
53604 BAD HONNEF
WEH Online Form for application for the DPG Fall Meeting (DPG-Herbsttagung)
- Freiburg 2019