WE Heraeus Communication Programme for the DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (Spring-Meetings)
Every year, the DPG organizes its DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (Spring Meetings) at different locations and universities in Germany. With more than 10,000 physicists from Germany and abroad annually, the DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (Spring Meetings) regularly rank among the largest physics congresses in Europe.
Within this programme the active participation at the DPG-Frühjahrstagungen is financially supported.
Criteria for applicants
- you are a young conference participant,
- your centre of living or work is located in Germany,
- you do not get travelling expenses refunded (either totally or partly) by your academic institution,
- you are author or co-author of a conference contribution (talk or a poster) which was submitted and has been accepted by the administration of the conference (Funding is possible only for one participant per contribution.) and
- you are a personal member of DPG in fee categories E, A or 3 (f.c. A and 3: only Master, Diploma and PhD students), …
… then you can apply online for a grant by taking three steps:
- Abstract submission
- Participants registration
- Fill in the WEH online form (you will need to have your membership number at hand) – until February 2, 2018, 24:00, at the latest.
Applications coming in after this date cannot be taken into consideration.
All required online forms can be found on the respective conference web pages at: www.dpg-tagungen.de
The WEH online form is also available at the end of this page.
- Immediately after application, you will receive an automatically generated email. Check your data. If corrections are necessary, please send them immediately to .
- After a formal check by the DPG Head Office, you will get a notice of arrival by email within a few working days.
- You will be informed by the DPG Head Office by email about acceptance or refusal of your application after the application deadline.
Conference participation (Please note the opening times of the conference office!)
- Check-In: At the conference office you will receive the WEH receipt "confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme" with printed date of arrival together you’re your conference documents. Please keep this safe!
- Check-Out: At the last day of your stay you need to let DPG confirm your departure date on the WEH receipt with a DPG stamp in the conference office. Afterwards, please hand in your stamped receipt in the conference office. The departure date is important, not the time. Even after receipt of stamp, you can still give and listen to lectures.
After the conference – before billing
- Forgot your check-out?
Send the WEH receipt „confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme“ and a receipt, which indicates your departure date (e.g. hotel receipt, train ticket), by mail in original to the DPG Head Office until April 6, 2018 (DPG incoming post stamp).
Confirmations arriving late cannot be taken into consideration. The original documents will be returned after verification, if necessary.
- DPG membership account balance?
Your DPG membership fee has to be paid until April 6, 2018, at the latest.
- Current bank details?
The stamped WEH receipt "confirmation for the WE Heraeus Communication Programme" includes all billing data.
The following lump sums count for the conference:
- Conference fee (early bird fee only)
- Costs per overnight stay: 20,00 Euro per overnight stay – according to your attendance
- Daily allowance: 24,00 Euro per day – according to your attendance
- Travel expenses: 0,18 EUR for each distance kilometre (round-trip) between conference location and university location (Only travelling costs within Germany can be refunded. For distances less than 70 km, the overnight fee does not apply, since it is assumed that you stayed at home. If the meeting takes place at your university, only the registration fee is subsidized because it is assumed that you ate and slept at home.)
Based on the above mentioned lump sums, the total eligible costs of your trip will be determined. Your travel grant will amount max. 50% of these costs.
The payment follows – after prior notification by email – until mid of May 2018 by bank transfer to the bank account you mentioned in your application.
In case of additional reimbursement of expenses by another institution, the applicants already bind themselves in their application to inform the reimbursing institution about the amount of the reimbursement by the Wilhelm und Else Heraeus Communication Programme of the DPG.
Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft e.V.
53604 BAD HONNEF
WEH Online Forms for the DPG-Frühjahrstagungen (Spring-Meetings)
- Bochum 2018
- Erlangen 2018
- Berlin 2018
- Würzburg 2018