Φ·SOE = Fachverband Physik sozio-ökonomischer Systeme
(= Physics of Socio-Economic Systems Division)
The mathematical and computer simulation of social and economic systems is receiving more and more attention. The dedicated scientific community is rapidly growing and involves, besides sociologist and economists, also physicists, mathematicians, computers scientists, biologists, engineers, and the communities working on complex systems and operations research. To keep an overview, it is important to be well connected, and to benefit from shared information platforms.
The division on "Physics of Socio-Economic Systems" (Φ·SOE, previously AKSOE/AGSOE) is committed to support the scientific exchange between the scientific disciplines involved. It has currently more than 200 members and organizes a spring conference with more than 50 contributions each year. During this conference, it features outstanding international speakers not only from socio- and econo-physics, but also from sociology and economics. Furthermore, scientists are awareded for outstanding innovative work in this field.
Look out for next spring conference: March 5-11, 2016 in beautiful Regensburg!Please submit your abstract(s) here
before 1st of December - and do not forget to (i) book your hotel as early as possible and (ii) to register within January or before 5th of February to ensure you get the early bird fee! Sneak preview of the program:
- Invited Speakers: Ernst Fehr (keynote, Zürich), Jorge Pacheco (plenary, Lisbon), Cars Hommes (Amsterdam), Michael Lässig (Cologne), Katarzyna Sznajd-Weron (Wroclav), Diego Garlaschelli (Lucca)
(further speakers tba)
- Symposium "Scientometric maps and dynamic models of science and scientific collaboration networks" (joint SOE/DY/BP/jDPG) Thu 9:30-12:15
speakers: Katy Börner, Alexander Petersen, Cassidy Sugimono, Marti Rosvall and Matus Medo
- Symposium "Chimera states: coherence-incoherence patterns in complex networks" (joint DY/SOE) Tue 9:30-12:15
speakers: Eckehard Schöll - Daniel Abrams – Ken Showalter - Victor Bastidas - Klaus Lehnertz
Download the poster!
- The conference starts with a series of tutorial invited lectures on Sunday 16:00-18:30
- We invite contributions for a focus session on currencies and market stability (get in touch!)
Past conference: March 15-20, 2015 in Berlin
|SOE increases! We had 116 abstracts (including a good fraction of posters)! Thanks for all who submitted!|
We are happy to welcome you at TU Berlin, again with a thrilling program. Sneak preview: (see also the poster...):
- Symposium (SOE/DY) Physics of Sustainability and Human-Nature Interactions (org.: Reik Donner and Diego Rybski):
- Anna Nagurney (U Massachusetts) "Design of sustainable supply chain networks for sustainable cities"
- Hermann Held (Hamburg) "Dynamical effects of climate investment under uncertainty"
- Salvador Pueyo (Barcelona) "Ecological econophysics for degrowth"
- Tim Lenton (Exeter) "Physics concepts to anticipating and avoiding critical transitions"
- Julia Steinberger (Leeds) (talk title tba)
- Special Keynote Talk: We are grateful that Simon Levin (Princeton) accepted the invitation for a plenary talk: "Collective motion, collective decision-making and collective action: From microbes to societies" (Thu 14:00-14:45)
- Invited speakers of the SOE sessions:
- Duncan Watts (New York): "Computational Social Science: Exciting Progress and Future Challenges"
- Luis Bettencourt (Santa Fe): "Cities, Scaling and Sustainability"
- Call for contributions: Focus Session "Complex contagion phenomena: Networks, Cascades and Feedback" (organizers: Fakhteh Ghanbarnejad and Dirk Brockmann)
- Call for contributions: Session on "Energy Networks" (select this section if appropriate when you submit your abstract)
- On Sunday afternoon preceding the conference there will be an invited tutorial session ("From spin models to macroeconomics")
with tutorial lectures:
- Sylvie Geisendorf (Berlin): "Macroeconomics in a nutshell, for physicists" (16:00-16:40)
- Sebastian Krause (Zagreb): "Spin models as microfoundation of macroscopic financial models"
- Katarzyna Sznajd-Weron (Wroclaw) "Voter models and other dynamical spin models of social opinion formation "
- The conference is community-driven! If you are interested in organizing a Focus Session, please get in touch!
The YSA 2014 goes to Roger Guimera! Congratulations!Read the press release (english) and german translation
SOE Program of DPG 2014 Dresden is out!
Sneak preview of the program (see also the poster...):
- Luís A. Nunes Amaral (Northwestern): Some Examples of the Impact of Big Data on the Study of
- Hans Jürgen Herrmann (Zurich): The robustness of complex networks
- Cesar Hidalgo(Boston): Crystallized Imagination
- Michael Macy(Cornell): The Mesh of Civilizations in the Global Network of
- Reiner Kümmel (Würzburg) Energy and the Economy
- Rudolf Sollacher (SIEMENS, München) Smart Grids - From incentives to coupled markets
- Oliver Richters (Wiesbaden): tba
- Dirk Witthaut (Jülich): tba
- Joachim Peinke (Oldenburg): tba
- Tibor Antal (Edinburgh)
- Andrea De Martino (Rome)
- Madeleine Leisner (Munich)
- Baruch Meerson (Jerusalem)
- Bernhard Mehlig (Göteborg)
From the program:
Recent past activities: